Terms and Conditions
The Computer Guy, including the text, graphics, and software (collectively, “Content”) that appear on the TCG website, is owned by or licensed to TCG, and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights under Australia, foreign laws and international conventions. Some images appearing on the website are from Wikipedia which are either in public domain or covered with creative common 2.5,3 or 4 licenses.
YOU MAY NOT SHARE, PUBLICLY DISPLAY, RE-POST, MODIFY, COPY, REPRODUCE, REPUBLISH, UPLOAD, POST, TRANSMIT, OR DISTRIBUTE, IN ANY MANNER, THE CONTENT ON OUR SITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, CODE AND/OR SOFTWARE. You cannot sell, re-sell the content on our site to third parties, or prepare derivative works of the content on our site.
You must use the website for lawful purposes only. You must not use the website in any way that causes or is likely to cause the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you are solely responsible for all electronic communications and contents sent from your computer to us. You must not use the website for any of the following:
- Fraudulent purposes or unlawful activity
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, spyware, adware or any other harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any servers, computer software or hardware, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, mass mailings or any spam
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
You may not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Site or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site. TCG reserves the right to bar any such activity. TCG monitors such activity and any accounts from which such activity has originated or generated will be terminated immediately and appropriate course of action taken.
- After submitting a successful order online you will receive an email from us confirming your order, if you have provided us with your email address. We will normally confirm receipt of your order within a few minutes of the order being successfully placed. If the product is unavailable at the time of order delivery will take longer than estimated.
- Mail service is responsible for the products ordered during transportation. If a product you order is missing, or the product you receive is incorrect, or if any product arrives damaged you must notify us within 24 hours of receiving your order. If you do not notify us within this period we are entitled to assume that the products you received were correct, complete and arrived in good condition. Any claim that may be made against the mail service provider for products damaged in transit must be made within 24 hours of delivery to you. Therefore it is essential that you notify us within this period. We recommend you open the package sent by us straight away once it is delivered to you.
- Delivery time estimates apply to products in stock at the time of order and are calculated in business days, excluding one business day for order processing time and are subject to mail service provider delays outside of our control. Products can only be shipped to an Australian address. If you want products delivered to an address outside of Australia please contact us to discuss the order and delivery address prior to placing your order. Products in stock will only be sent after payment is verified and received by us which may affect the estimated delivery time. If you wish to query the status of an order placed and the estimated delivery date please contact us on (02) 4392 5697
Refund and Returns Policy
- If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase please contact us, so that we can resolve any issue you may have, and possibly organise a 7 day money-back guarantee from the time the products are shipped. This refund policy does not apply to change of mind, products which have been used, opened, damaged after delivery, or if any attempt has been made to alter the product.
- All products must be returned in their original condition and sealed. All postage and insurance costs are to be paid by you. We recommend that you return the product via registered prepaid post. You assume any risk of lost, theft or damage to the goods during transit; therefore, we recommend you opt for shipment registration or insurance with your postal carrier. TCG will not be responsible for parcels lost or damaged in transit.
Information and Security PIN
- You are solely responsible for the input of any key data on this Website.
- The information you enter must be correct and without errors. By inserting, providing or submitting information in this Website you warrant and represent that you own or are authorised to insert, provide or submit the information. You agree to indemnify TCG and keep TCG indemnified against any claim made by a third party which alleges that the information inserted, submitted or provided by you is a breach or violation of their intellectual property rights.
Collection of Information
To use the TCG website, we may require information from you to provide the best service possible. All correspondence may also be collected and stored, particularly regarding sales, support and accounts, including email. Any information collected by The Computer Guy is collected via correspondence from you or your company. This may be via the telephone, email, mail, fax or directly through our website.
Use of Collected Information
Any details collected from The Computer Guy customers is required to provide you with our products and/or services, and a high level of customer service. Correspondence is recorded to provide service references, and to assist in our staff development.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can email us at The Computer Guy online.com.au/contact-us/
Access to Collected Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at The Computer Guy online.com.au/contact-us/
If you purchase a product or service from us, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You may be required to provide contact information (such as name, email, and postal address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
The Computer Guy uses personally identifiable information for essential communications, such as emails, accounts information, and critical service details. We may also use this information for other purposes, including some promotional emails. If at any time a customer wishes not to receive such correspondence, they can request to be removed from any mailing lists by emailing us at The Computer Guy online.com.au/contact-us/. You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether to share your information with that party.
The Computer Guy may at its discretion use other third parties to provide essential services on our site or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose. The Computer Guy does not share any information with third parties for any unknown or unrelated uses.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
Links on the TCG site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of The Computer Guy tcgonline.com.au
Pay Pal Transactions
The Computer Guy uses Pay Pal because of its well-known security benefits. If you have any questions about using Pay Pal please contact us at tcgonline.com.au/contact-us/